Saturday 29 June 2013

South African Haircut (I wish...)

So I woke up this morning extremely late today, but was okay with it because I thought I deserved a day to sleep in since my last day of work was the day before I flew out.  Anyway, I woke up and went to the market to find that wine was equivalent to $3! I may have done flips in the supermarket.  Then, I realized I didn't get a haircut in New York so I found a salon in the mall.  I sat down and asked for the typical South African hairstyle that men were getting now (just for fun, why not?) but to my disappointment I was told my hair was too short.  The "in" style now is short hair on the side and a HUGE comb-over on top.  I couldn't get exactly that, but this will do for now (not much different).  It's funny how the little things such as getting a hair cut can be seen as a nuisance in real life, but is so fun when there's no work and you're on a high from traveling.  My hairstylist was from the Eastern Cape and we laughed a bunch during my haircut.  Anyway, Dena was at the hotel when I got back and we hugged and jumped for joy for a minute and are about to go grab some food. Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Danny! Very happy to see you're having such a great time. Sweet south African haircut, now you'll have less hair standing up when you're in the shark cage...be safe! Oh wait, you're going into a shark cage.

    ReplyDelete