Sunday 30 June 2013

Locals

I've been meeting some locals recently and it's been great learning about South Africa from them.  One guy in "university", whose name I can't even try to spell out because it involves a "click" sound in the middle of it, told me how he grew up in a small town where kids learn on the trees because the schools are so inadequate.  He was able to attend a good "white" school as he first described it because of a music scholarship he got as part of the South African choir. 

Another local I met was not from Cape Town, but grew up in a tribe and was going to university for marketing.  I wish I could post some more, but I need to take a quick power nap.  It's about 3:30 am here and I have to be up at 4:30 am to go diving with the great white sharks! Beyond excited...

No comments:

Post a Comment